We’re excited to announce a major new release of our Analytics product.
This week, Instagram announced that they are beginning to test ranking in their main feed. Any communication of this magnitude means that the key product metrics internally already look favorable and that we can expect this change to stay. The impact on marketers is huge and here’s how we plan to work with teams at ESPN, Vans, Virgin and more to rock the ranking.
We drove 17 million clicks from Facebook and Twitter into the Instagram app over a 2 month period. Here’s what we learned and how we increased engagement and new followers by more than 20% for our customers.
For the past 7 weeks, the NBA on ESPN Instagram account has been using AppAction Share to drive engagement and reach on Instagram. The results are stunning. On average, engagement per post has increased 23% and reach grew by over 43%. Dive in and see the full case study.
Rolling out today, you can now receive a notification on Slack when your Instagram post gets shared to Facebook or Twitter via AppAction. We are really excited about this development; many of our users have been asking to know when their posts go live.
Here’s a breakdown of all the ways people can find you on Instagram. We expect that ranking changes are going to impact these dramatically.
- 25 tags is the limit per post. Some new accounts with low followers are using all 25.
- Most people don’t use more than 10 tags as it can erode value and feel spammy.
- Tips on how to make it less spammy: put your top two hashtags in your post caption. Then, comment on your own post with any additional hashtags.
ESPN, The Economist and other media companies are changing how they share Instagram photos on Facebook, and are seeing 20-30% increase in engagement on Instagram.
Focusing on conversations with everyone who comes across your app pays huge dividends during launch.
##Launch Day 1 On December 2nd, we launched AppAction.io on Product Hunt. It was a pretty average Wednesday and we were buried in the upcoming section of the site. It seemed like no matter how many upvotes we could muster, playing in tier 2 was going to be how it played out.
Here are some simple tips to make a better search experience on mobile.
Search Top 10
- The best way to make search feel fast is to already have the answers on the phone. (local caching)
- The second best way to make search feel fast is to set results for a given query, say “lad” and results in the same response from the server for most likely next letters, like “lady” “ladd”
- Don’t overcomplicate your definition of a search session. See how others have done it.